Diabetes like any other diseases has its highs and lows not only on the patients but also on their care-givers.
Care-givers need to get well versed with tips to take care of a diabetic patient in order to mitigate life-threatening risks especially if they are nursing at home.
Below are three tips that can help
- Eating good food is the key to keeping diabetics under control.
- Diabetic patient should never skip meals or have an empty stomach.
- Meals should be consumed in little portions to avoid the risk of blood glucose levels dropping down.
- Foods like yogurt, beef sticks, almonds, veggies etc. are healthy and safe.
- On the other hand, processed and fried foods are harmful for those with diabetes.
The Center For Disease Control & Prevention, US witnesses more than 30K deaths of diabetic patients due to smoking every year.
- Smoking can further worsen the condition of a diabetic patient.
- Pay attention to cholestrol levels
- Low levels of HDL cholesterol can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- To avoid complications, a good diet and minimum workout is necessary.