Editors' PickTrending News

Kidnappers return to Ogbomoso, kidnap Togolese, injure youths

Kidnappers have returned to Ogbomoso, Oyo State, after a two-month hiatus with no reports of abductions, it was learned.

Our correspondent has learned that the kidnappers who have been abducting innocent citizens and demanding large sums of money as ransom have returned to the area to kidnap a Togolese.

It was noted that four people were abducted in the area between July 16th and July 28th of this year. Two of them were allegedly released after a ransom was paid, whereas two of the victims were killed by their abductors after N5 million was paid.
One of the victims, Christopher Bakare, a farm supervisor at the farm of a former governor of the state, late Christopher Adebayo Alao-Akala, was abducted on Saturday, 16 July at Jabata in the Surulere Local Government Area of the state.

A private hospital owner, Baba Rasheed, was also abducted on Friday, 22 July in the same local government area.

A hotelier, Mr. Gbenga Owolabi, and one of his staff, Rachael Abiola Opadele were also kidnapped at the Abaa area in Ogbomoso on Thursday, 28 July.

The duo of Owolabi and Opadele have been killed by their abductors after a sum of five minion naira (N5m) has been paid as ransom.
However, it was learned that the kidnappers had returned to the area after a two-month hiatus.

Alhaji Yisa Agric, a Togolese, was abducted Monday night at his home in the Agric area of Gbede, Surulere LGA.

In an attempt to complete the operation, the kidnappers injured some youths who attempted to rescue the victim.

It was learned that the kidnappers, who reportedly wielded AK-47 rifles, repelled the community’s youths who rallied for the rescue operations.

The gunmen, believed to be herdsmen, stormed the community around 10 p.m. and went straight for the victim’s house.

According to a source, the victim is a security guard at a popular farm in Ogbomoso.
According to reports, the kidnappers demanded N10 million to release the victim.

However, it was reported that the kidnapped victim was released around 11 p.m. on Wednesday after an undisclosed sum of money was paid as ransom.

Read also: Mike Tyson admits to offering Remy Ma a car to spend the night with him

Chief Subaru Akano Nurudeen, the Baale of Gbede, who confirmed the abduction, insisted that the Togolese were released after an undisclosed sum of money was paid as ransom.

The monarch stated over the phone on Thursday that the Togolese is a security guard who has worked there for decades.

“I heard what you said,” Nurudeen said. That is correct. Gbede is the name. That is correct. Yesterday, I was also contacted by an Ogbomoso journalist.
“He was kidnapped around 10 a.m. on Monday.” However, he was released around 11 p.m. yesterday (Wednesday) after they gave them what they desired.

“However, he was kidnapped. He works as a bodyguard for Baba Elegbede. He is an elderly man. He’s been there for a long time.”

However, all attempts to reach Adewale Osifeso, Public Relations Officer of the state police command, were futile.

Calls to his phone were not answered, and a text message sent to him had not been returned as of the time this report was filed on Thursday.

Related Articles

Back to top button
WordPress Cookie Notice by Real Cookie Banner