Man electrocuted during illegal connection in Ondo

0
20
electric
ADZ

A man has lost his life in Ondo State after he was electrocuted while connecting wire on an electric pole.

The man identified as Mayomi Origbemisuyi, was to be making an illegal connection when he met his untimely death.

The incident occurred in Akungba Akoko, Akoko South West Local Government Area of the state with residents of the area in shock over the incident.

The incident was said to have happened a few meters from the office of the Benin Electricity Distribution Company, BEDC, in the community.

According to an eyewitness, members of the community rushed to the scene of the electric pole to catch a glimpse of the incident.

READ ALSO: DELTA: POLICE ARREST SUSPECT WITH LARGE QUANTITY OF INDIAN HEMP, ILLICIT DRUGS

The eyewitness, who gave her name simply as Bola said the body was deposited in the morgue after the incident was reported at a police station in the town.

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the police command in the state, DSP Funmilayo Odunlami stated that the deceased was not mentally stable.

She added that investigation had commenced into the incident.

Suspected thief electrocuted while trying to steal electricity cables in Potiskum

Source: Daily Post.

ADM

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here